All references to “OceanHub“, “we”, “us” and “our” in these terms and conditions are deemed to refer to African Hub For Ocean Impact NPC, a limited liability non-profit company duly incorporated under the laws of South Africa with the registration number 2020/614530/08 with the registered address of The Avenue Conference Venue, 40 Dock Rd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa; and Ocean Hub Africa Proprietary Limited, a limited liability private company duly incorporated under the laws of South Africa with the registration number 2019/553512/07, either separately or jointly.
All references to “you” and “your” are deemed to refer to any user and/or visitor of https://www.oceanhub.africa/, our mobile web applications and other related URLs, mobile, social media channels and/or any ancillary services (“Platform“).
We operate within the blue economy and offer start-ups within Africa our acceleration services through our impact-driven acceleration programme and also provide blue economy consulting services (“Services”) and foster global ocean-related partnerships.
1. Acceptance of terms
2. Use of the platform
- The Platform is available via a computer and/or using a mobile device.
- You may only use the Platform if you are 18 years of age or older or have the consent of your guardian to use the Platform.
- You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Platform or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised Company representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to the Platform).
- You may not use the Platform for any illegal activity.
- You may not display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Platform and/or the information contained therein for the benefit of any other website without the express prior written consent of an authorised OceanHub representative. You may not, in any way reverse engineer the Platform, or any component thereof, nor may you attempt to do so. This includes, but is not limited to, disassembly, decompiling, decrypting or any other actions that could possibly reveal the source code of the Platform or any portion thereof;
- You may not use the results of the use of the Platform for any other purpose than to assist in accordance with an agreement with us or you in your personal capacity.
- You may not use the location data provided for any other purpose than defined by the Platform.
- OceanHub reserves the right to limit, disconnect or terminate your use of the Platform in the event of any abuse or misuse by you.
- The Platform is currently for use within Africa.
3. Ownership and copyright
- The contents of the Platform including any information, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, trade names, logos, trademarks and service marks are protected by law, including but not limited to intellectual property, copyright and trade mark law, and are owned by or licensed to OceanHub.
- No licence to or right in any of such contents is granted to or conferred upon you. Any unauthorised use, distribution or reproduction of the said contents is prohibited.
- The Platform may allow you to download material, logos and trade marks of third parties. All intellectual property rights in the material, logos and trade marks remain with the third party concerned. By downloading any such material from the Platform you do not obtain any intellectual property rights therein. Oceanhub grants you a non-exclusive, perpetual license to display the material on your smartphone/device only. You may not share any downloaded material with others.
- Any person who accesses the Platform or relies on the Platform or on the information contained in the Platform does so at his or her own risk.
- While OceanHub takes reasonable measures to ensure that the contents of the Platform are accurate and complete, OceanHub makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Platform or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Platform.
- All information provided on the Platform is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
- OceanHub does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions on the Platform.
- We do not warrant that the Platform will be compatible with your smartphone/device.
- The service is subject to normal constraints of the respective carriers of data and information – we can, for example, not be held liable for voice calls that fail or do not connect, for late or non-delivery of any data whether SMS, IP-data and so on.
5. Third party websites
- Notwithstanding the fact that the Platform may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.
7. Limitation of liability
- OceanHub shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential injury, loss or damages which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, any material or content contained in, or inability to use, and/or unlawful activity on, the Platform and/or any linked third party website, unless such loss or damages arise due to the gross negligence of OceanHub.
- You hereby indemnify OceanHub against any loss, claim or damage which may be suffered by yourself or any third party arising in any way from your use of the Platform and/or any linked third party website.
9. Availability and termination
- We will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Platform, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and reserve the right to discontinue providing the Platform or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
- OceanHub may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify the Platform, with or without notice to you. You agree that OceanHub will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate the Platform.
10. Governing law
- Any failure on the part of you or OceanHub to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
- No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (“the grantor“) may show grant or allow to the other (“the grantee“) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
- For all legal correspondence, our is firstname.lastname@example.org all purposes of communication under these Terms of us.
- Should you wish to contact us please email us at email@example.com.