Empowering Innovation Support Organizations for Blue Innovation and Inclusivity in Southern Africa
Led by the Make-IT in Africa initiative and supported by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), OceanHub Africa in partnership with Viridian is spearheading this 7-month support program dedicated to building the capacity of Innovation Support Organizations (ISOs) in designing and implementing innovation programs focused on ocean impact.
The program places a strong emphasis on gender inclusivity, aiming to empower ISOs to foster diverse and inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems.
If you are an ISO passionate about driving innovation and sustainable development and interested in the Blue Economy, we invite you to apply for the GenBlue program.
Deadline to apply: July 2nd, 2023
What You Can Expect
Becoming part of GenBlue Community will allow you to
What We Offer
- 14 June – 2 July 2023: Application period
- 5 July 2023: Announcement of 15 shortlisted ISOs
- 10-13 July 2023: Selection interviews with shortlisted ISOs
- 17 July 2023: Selection of up to 10 participating ISOs
- 1 August 2023: Online Meet & Greet Session
- 21-25 August 2023: In-Person Bootcamp in Cape Town, South Africa. All costs are covered for two participants per ISO.
- August 2023 – March 2024: Online mentoring, peer learning and workshop sessions
- Mid-March 2024: Program’s Online Closing Session
This program is brought to you by the OceanHub Africa , Viridian and Make-IT in Africa.
Make-IT in Africa is a project implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).